Monday 29 August 2011

A Thought Bubble...

I'm thankful that..

Hurricane Irene didn't hit the upper East coast as bad as the media were making out. NYC was completely shut down, and I was worried that it would disrupt my flight to LA today. Unfortunately, 25 people died in the storm which makes me more thankful that it lost power the further it moved up the country as it could have been a lot worse.




I loved...
going to the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. I love Modern Art museums as you never come across anything the same in each one and you discover new installations that blow your mind. One in particular was the Carlito Carvalhosa installation, Sum of Days that combines sound and space. You walk through this sheeted maze that has speakers and microphones hanging down that records and plays back sounds from previous visitors. The older the recording, the quieter it gets until it becomes a whisper. It was pretty eerie but I could have stayed in there for a while. It was strangely enchanting.



I watched...

The Martin Scorsese film, Shine a Light; a recording of a Rolling Stones concert in Central Park. It was so cool to lie on the grass on a summer evening watching one of my favourite bands that I grew up listening to.



I bought...
new Vans trainers. Mine got pretty ruined from the rain in Massachusetts while I was working at camp. I was a fool to take my wellies.



I miss...
The Pinkhill girls. These are the girls I lived with whilst working at camp and we all got along so well and we all became great friends. I'm going to miss them!



I'm going...
to LA today for two days. My plan: beach! I need to relax before my epic flight to the Land of the White Cloud, New Zealand. I'm so excited for my trip and to see my family over there.

From here..

To here!


I'm listening to...

Florence and the Machine's new song 'What the water gave me'. If her new song is anything to go by, I'm really looking forward to her new album being released.

A photo...



I love the fact he's throwing Wilson....



No comments:

Post a Comment